Thursday 16 April 2015

International Hermit and Stitch Weekend April 2015

Hello again!  I have not been able to get any crafting done so far this week, I seem to have lost my mojo.  It's difficult to settle to anything with everyone at home, I need peace and quiet!  Also I feel guilty if the family are on holiday and we don't do something.  The weather has been glorious, very hot for April with temperatures in the 20s.  We've been out and about making the most of it before we go back to grey skies.  

Another piece of good news is our son has been allocated a place at our preferred junior school for next year.  As we are out of catchment it's been a bit of a worry!

So, instead of crafting this week I've been looking at various blogs, getting tips and ideas and inspiration.  I love some of the SALs and will be keeping my eye out for some new ones to join next year when I (hopefully) start my HAED.  I am a one-at-a-timer, I can't start something new (with the exception of smalls) until I've finished my reindeer!  In the meantime I have discovered this:

http://joysze.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/april-2015-ihsw.html

Sounds great, a whole weekend of stitching which might encourage me to actually get something done this week!  I will post on Tuesday to let you know how I got on.

Here's where I've started:


2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to IHSW too, I always do.
    Do you have separate Infant and Junior schools where you are? We used to have a three tier system (Primary, Middle and High) but changed to two tier because they said two transitions was bad for continuity of education. At least now when you get into the Primary you know your child is OK for the next seven years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a stupid system, the infant and juniors are on the same site with the same head but you still have to apply to go from one to the other!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a message, please come back soon!