Wednesday 15 July 2015

A New Start!



Hello everyone, I have a confession to make - I have started a new project!  I am usually a one at a timer but I think I have just started what will become a rotation.  I have bought a chart from Satsuma Street - Pretty Little Hong Kong. I thought I might be able to use the fabric I have bought ready for my Treasure Hunt Bookshelf HAED so I decided to cut the fabric and see how much I had left.  Turns out it's not the right count and there's not enough left over either so I've bought some new fabric and plan to take it on holiday with me in August.  So then I got to thinking what can I do with my 25 count off cuts? Story keep!  And HAED had a sale on for Independence Day. I have bought the Forest Walk story keep chart and as I treated myself to a complete set of DMC threads with my bonus from work a while back I realised I could make a start straight away and it would be good practice stitching on 25 count fabric for when I do Treasure Hunt Bookshelf.  So I now have 2 WIPs! And when I start Pretty Little Hong Kong I'll have 3. Then there are the smalls for my cards.  What have I done!!! 

http://joysze.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/ihsw-july-2015.html

 It's International Hermit and Stitch Weekend again this week so I'll have plenty to do.  I'm working on Saturday but hope to make some good progress on the other days.  Here's where I'm up to so far:

#realstitchersdontsteal
Stitched on 25 count magic guide evenweave 2 over 1

 Happy stitching everyone, I hope to have a card to share with you later in the week.

3 comments:

  1. Oh no Claire what have you done?! I was a OAAT girl until I discovered blogs...now I have 20 WIPs and feel totally overwhelmed, and still want to stitch more!
    I love everything you've chosen though, especially the dragon Storykeep and haven't you stitched loads already?
    Good luck with keeping it to just 3 in your rotation.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good progress
    Love that little dragon
    Never made a storykeeper thats now on my to do list :)
    Greetings from Holland

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a message, please come back soon!