Monday 9 November 2015

A finish and some shopping!

Hello everyone, I've been happy dancing as I have finished my HAED Storykeep Forest Walk!


I'm really pleased with it but am not sure what to do with it!  It seems too big and too nice to make into a bookmark so I'm thinking of framing it.  It's been great practice for when I start Treasure Hunt Bookshelf.  I stitched this on 25 count magic guide evenweave 2 over 1 using the recommended DMC threads.  With all the confetti it was very difficult to get the needle through the fabric.  I think I might try a small corner of Treasure Hunt Bookshelf 1 over 1 on an offcut of fabric to see what the coverage is like.

In other news my friend and I (known as the Thelma and Louise of the craft world in some quarters!) made our annual pilgrimage to the NEC craft show yesterday.  I bought lots of card making bits including a die cutting machine.  I'm not sure how I've managed without one before, it's brilliant!  I decided that I wasn't going to buy any cross stiching supplies as I have plenty to be going on with but The Nutmeg Company had a stand with all their adorbale 3D houses and cards and I couldn't resist!


I have bought a Panto House (Goldilocks), a Christmas tree, a pack of 3 Christmas cards and a Formula One card - this will be for my petrol head husband.

Now I have a dilemma, I wanted to concetrate on Bamboo Fan for the next few months in the hopes of finishing it but I really want that house on my Christmas tree next month! 

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your fantastic achievement! It really looks beautiful. I agree that it's far too good to use as a bookmark and it ought to be framed.
    I started a dragon Storykeep (Magical Arrival) earlier this year and am planning on making significant progress in the next year. I'm stitching one over one on 25ct magic guide which I think gives good coverage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great new stash and congrats! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work! Love your stash too! You're gonna be busy!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a message, please come back soon!