Wednesday 9 December 2015

Christmas Cross Stitch

We got the Christmas decorations out at the weekend so I thought I would share some of my past finishes that only see the light of day at this time of year!

First is my Gold Collection wintery village scene, sorry about the flash!  It has sequins on the tree and in a couple of other places but you can't really see them in this picture.


 A couple of coasters that I made so many years ago I have no idea where the patterns came from!


 Our stockings are hung in anticipation!  These are Gold Collection kits, I made the middle one first for our son and loved it so much I made one for myself.  Then my husband felt left out so he bought me the snowman kit for Christmas for me to make for him.


 These are a couple of banners I made a few years ago, I think they were Dimensions kits



And here is my latest addition hanging on the tree - my Nutmeg Company Pantomime House Goldilocks and the Three Bears.


My goodness, I think it's the fiddliest thing I've ever made.  The stitching was fine but making it up was not fun at all!  I have to confess I've cheated a bit and used some felt on the underside of the roof to make it look a bit neater as I was making such a mess of it! I'm really pleased with it though, the mice and cat under the tree are so cute.


You may remember I finsihed my reindeer earlier in the year and was intending to make it into a cushion.




I haven't got round to it yet, the material I had that I thought would do is not big enough.  I also saw that you can get cushion backs but I can't find one in the right size.  So I think this is going to go back in the cupboard until next year while I either get different material or frame it.

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!









3 comments:

  1. You should still do a cushion. I love everything you've done we have similar tastes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful stitching! I love those Dimensions stockings and the lovely banners. I started that first one in 2008 but haven't really touched it since. Seeing your finish has really inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them houses they look great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a message, please come back soon!