Wednesday 14 December 2016

WIPocalypse Check In

Hello everyone, it's been a while since I updated my blog but here I am finally with an end of year round up for December's WIPocalypse.





I've just checked back and I haven't updated since September!  No real excuse except work has been crazy, I have not been in my usual routine and I'd rather be stitching than blogging when I have some free time.  I had a week's holiday last week so managed to catch up a bit at home.

So, where was I last time?  I'd been working on Bamboo Fan and Treasure Hunt Bookshelf.  Here's when you last saw them.





And here's where I am now.



 
I haven't done much on Bamboo Fan lately.  One of my goals for this year was to get it finished but it hasn't happened.  Maybe next year!  I did meet my goal for Treasure Hunt Bookshelf though!  I wanted to be halfway through by the end of the year and I've done more than that.  I finished row 3 last Friday and I've started on the 4th row now.  I wanted to average 500 stitches a day so if I can get 3000 stitches done on this page by next Tuesday (which will be a year from when I started) then I will have achieved that.  I'm so pleased with how this is turning out, I love it, every page is like a new start.  If any of you watch Stitcherista on Flosstube you may have seen her mention my progress in her latest video - what a surprise that was!!  

My other goals for 2016 were to get some FFOs.  I've failed here too!  I wanted to get Forest Walk and Pretty Little Hong Kong framed but I've not done them.  I did get my reindeer finished last week though.  I've turned him into a cushion.







Here's the FFO


I'm so pleased with this!  I bought some material at the NEC in November and followed Carolyn Mazzeo's tutorial on Flosstube to make the cushion.  It's not perfect but for a first attempt I'm happy.  It's currently on the top of my sofa, no-one is allowed to sit on it!
 
 I have another small finish, I made another jute bag last week.  This is the 3rd one of these I've made this year.


It's not a great photo but it's a rooster.  I made the sheep and the dog earlier in the year.


I'm giving the sheep to my Mum for Christmas and the Rooster to my Mother-in-Law.

Briefly, my plans for 2017 are to finish Treasure Hunt Bookshelf and Bamboo Fan.  I'm going to start Evil Queen Storykeep by HAED on 1st January for their challenge to finish a page by March. I will also try to get them fully finished along with PLHK and Forest Walk.  I want to stitch every day again, so far this year I have stitched every single day even if some days it was only a couple of stitches.

Well, that was quite long - sorry!  I look forward to seeing everyone else's 2016 round ups.

Merry Christmas to you all and a very happy 2017 x







3 comments:

  1. You have made alot of progress on your projects. You must have smoken needles. I like the idea of trying to stitch every day. I will have to think about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made great progress and all your projects look very lovely =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished watching all of her videos. It looks great! All of your projects look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a message, please come back soon!